Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Last Project Evaluation

The final screening was a lot of fun. I wish it had been a little warmer but that's ok. Every one's project was creative. I really liked the rotoscoping projects. They were amazing. What artists can do in post-production blows my mind. I wish I could have taken that class next year. Anyway, on to six by one. I thought our project were really great, they way people used scanners and camera phones, and on top of everything it was the beginning of exam week. I know I had to complete my project in one day and them edit some the day of, because of all my papers. Some of the stop-motion animation was awesome. I really liked Russ' project where he animated all of the electronics. I don't know how he managed to animate the cords so they floated in mid air but that was really entertaining. He must have used fishing line or something.

I think Nate used fishing line as well with his project which was very mush like stop-motion. He said he had over 400 pictures. That's nuts. I really wanted to be overly ambitious with this project but I just didn't have the time. I managed to get some of my ideas in the final project but I had a lot more creative ideas than I could achieve with the time I had to complete the project. If I could make one complain about six by one it would be that the final projects were too close to exams. If the 48 hour shoot was a little earlier students could put more effort into the projects.

Six by one has been a great experience and I hope that everyone enjoyed the class as much as I did. I have really taken a lot from this class. For one, it helps everyone see film as an art instead of a tool to make money. It helped me understand that there are a lot more films than just Hollywood Narrative productions. Anyway, I really enjoyed the class and I'm glad I was able to takke it while I was at UNCW.

No comments: